Fuel your Body & Mind with Alsum Potatoes for Summer Adventures
By Kaleigh Waldvogel, Alsum Farms & Produce Sales and Marketing Intern
Summer is full of fun adventures between family vacations, day trips to the lake, or neighborhood cookouts. During these busy months, it’s important to fuel your mind and body to fully embrace these special moments. Alsum potatoes are a key ingredient to allow you to keep up with all your summer activities and adventures with the seven types of potatoes.
From grilled succulent potato skewers to hobo dinner packets over the campfire to passing around the potato salad at your next backyard party, Alsum Farms & Produce has easy potato recipes and value-added russet grillers and potato products at a good value for all your summer grilling meals.
Types of Alsum Potatoes
Alsum Farms & Produce offers seven types of potatoes for all your needs. The wide variety of potatoes makes it easy to enjoy a range of flavors and textures to diversify your meals. Knowing the types of potatoes is helpful when in the kitchen and packed full of nutrition. Let’s learn more about russet, red, white, golden, purple, fingerling, and petite potatoes.
- Russet potatoes have a light and fluffy texture which is best for mashed potatoes. The thick skin of russets is ideal for baked potatoes. Russets are good for homemade French fries too.
- Red potatoes are good in soups and salads as they have less starch, which allows them to keep their shape. Reds are enjoyed when boiled or roasted.
- White potatoes are the perfect all-purpose potato as their skin is thin enough to add texture without the need to peel them.
- Golden potatoes are ideal for lighter or healthier dishes as their creamy texture and naturally buttery taste requires less butter for the recipes.
- Purple potatoes add a colorful touch and have a mild but nutty taste. Enjoy these potatoes microwaved, steamed, or baked.
- Fingerling potatoes give a pop of color and unique shape to any dish. To enhance the robust flavor, prepare these potatoes by roasting or pan-frying.
- Creamer potatoes are perfect for quick and easy meals as their small size allows them to be prepared whole rather than slicing or chopping.
Performance Fueling Potato Recipes
Alsum potatoes are a good source of potassium and vitamin C. This gluten and fat free food provides the body and mind with nutrients that will sustain energy levels throughout a day of activities. Below are potato recipes that will keep you fueled throughout those summer days.
Frittata with Potatoes, Zucchini and Red Peppers
Sheet Pan Chicken with Spicy Potatoes
Carrot Cake Potato Performance Muffins
Join Team Potato
Team Potato is made up of everyday athletes just like you who are dedicated to performing their best athletically and in everyday life. Join the Team Potato community, train, compete in athletic events, and share your experience to earn Team Potato gear like performance shirts, running jackets, and other exclusive rewards like race entries and more! Beyond that, join this community to see what you’re capable of when fueled by potatoes. Join Team Potato today: https://www.potatogoodness.com/team-potato/. To learn more how Potatoes Fuel Performance, visit: https://www.potatogoodness.com/performance/.
Ask for Alsum Potatoes at Your Local Grocer
Alsum potatoes are available year-round in local grocery stores in Wisconsin, the Midwest and beyond. This summer incorporate potatoes into your daily meals and try new potato recipes. Look for Alsum potatoes at these retailers the next time you are shopping. If you do not see Alsum potatoes in your neighborhood grocer’s produce aisle, ask the produce manager for them!
Now that summer is in full swing, take advantage of fun summer adventures with family and friends to enjoy the outdoors. To fuel your body and mind, start incorporating more Alsum potatoes into your diet as they provide you with nutrients that are important for your family’s health and well-being!