Community Partners & Impact
Alsum is a proud supporter of community and charity from food pantries, church, and school fundraisers as well as co-branding with winning teams to promote fresh produce consumption.
Charities and Affiliations
Alsum Farms & Produce to Host 50th Anniversary Community Celebration and 6th Annual Tater Trot 5K & 2 mile walk on August 12th to Benefit FFA Chapters
Alsum Farms & Produce is inviting runners, walkers and all those who support FFA to join us for the 6th Annual Alsum Tater Trot 5K Run and 2 Mile Walk on Saturday, August 12, 2023 at Alsum Farms & Produce in Friesland, Wis., to benefit local FFA Chapters.
New this year, the community event will also celebrate Alsum Farms & Produce 50th anniversary which will feature a WBEV brat fry and educational booths at the Friesland-based location. Additionally, after the Tater Trot event concludes a tour of Alsum Farms potato and pumpkin farms in Grand Marsh will be offered to see firsthand potato harvest at Alsum Farms Potato & Pumpkin Farms in Grand Marsh. A coach bus will depart at 11 a.m. and return at 2:30 p.m. to Alsum Farms & Produce in Friesland. The farm tour is limited to 50 people, first come basis.
On Saturday, August 12, registration opens at 7:30 to 8:45 a.m. for the Alsum Tater Trot 5K and 2-mile walk. The Kids Fun Run race around the potato shed will start at 8:55 a.m. and the 5K and 2-mile walk starts at 9 a.m. Event highlights will include:
• Farm Fresh Produce & Vendor Market
• WBEV Brat Fry from 9 to 11 a.m.
• Educational booths and kid’s activities
• Photo Op & Meet “Spudly”
• Top 3 Males & Females awarded in each category
• Strollers welcome
• Alsum Potato samples, fruit and water post-race
• Free Parking
• Tour of Alsum Farms potato and pumpkin farms in Grand Marsh, Wis., will be offered to see firsthand potato harvest at Alsum Farms. A coach bus will depart at 11 a.m. and return at 2:30 p.m. to Alsum Farms & Produce in Friesland. The farm tour is limited to 50 people, first come basis. The tour is free of charge. To sign up for the August 12 Alsum Farms potato and pumpkin Grand Marsh farm tour, contact Ross Jeseritz firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-348-6702.
Alsum Farms & Produce is located at N9083 County Road EF, Friesland, WI (If using GPS, use Cambria, WI 53923)
To register for the event online, visit: https://runsignup.com/Race/WI/Friesland/AlsumFarmsProduceTaterTrot5K.
For a printed registration form, click here.
This Alsum community event celebrates the company’s 50 years in business of providing quality potatoes, onions and farm fresh produce, showcases the spud’s healthy halo while connecting with local agriculture businesses. All funds raised benefit local FFA Chapters.