What could be quicker–or tastier–than russet potatoes topped with your favorite prepared pasta sauce?
- 2 Medium Alsum russet yellow-flesh or white potatoes
- 14 Ounces Pasta sauce*
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning*
- ¾ Cup Shredded Parmesan cheese*
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each half so they will not roll while cooking.
- Place potatoes in microwave-safe dish, cut side up. Mix together pasta sauce and Italian seasoning. Pour over potatoes and sprinkle with cheese. Cover tightly with lid or plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 11 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on your microwave) or until potatoes are done.
- Let sit for two minutes. Use oven mitts or tongs to remove from microwave. Remove plastic wrap carefully to prevent burns from steam.
If requiring a gluten-free recipe, check the label of the indicated (*) recipe ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.