What could be quicker–or tastier–than potatoes topped with your favorite prepared pasta sauce?
- 2 Medium Russet yellow-flesh or white potatoes
- 1 Can 14 ounces Pasta sauce*
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning*
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan cheese*
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each half so they will not roll while cooking. Place potatoes in microwave-safe dish, cut side up. Mix together pasta sauce and Italian seasoning. Pour over potatoes and sprinkle with cheese. Cover tightly with lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 11 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on your microwave) or until potatoes are done. Let sit for two minutes. Use oven mitts or tongs to remove from microwave. Remove plastic wrap carefully to prevent burns from steam.
If requiring a gluten-free recipe, check the label of the indicated (*) recipe ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.