These potato bruschetta are sure to impress your guests!
- 1 Pound Small Russet potatoes
- 3 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3 Tablespoon Freshly grate Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed red pepper To taste
- 2 Cup Diced fresh ripe tomato
- 2/3 Cup Small fresh mozzarella pearls Or 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoon White balsamic vinegar Can substitute with regular balsamic vinegar
- 2 Clove Garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup Snipped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and lightly oil or spray with olive oil cooking spray. Slice potatoes 1/4-inch thick and discard small, rounded ends. Place in a medium bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss well to coat. Add cheese, salt and red pepper and toss again to coat as evenly as possible. Place in a single layer on baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes. While potatoes are cooking, stir together remaining oil, tomatoes, mozzarella, balsamic, and garlic in a medium bowl. Top potatoes with equal amounts of tomato mixture and bake for 5 minutes more or until cheese is just starting to melt; sprinkle with basil. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 8 servings.