These potato bruschetta are sure to impress your guests!
- 1 Pound Small Alsum russet potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3 Tablespoons Freshly grated Parmesan cheese divided
- ½ Teaspoon Sea salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Crushed red pepper to taste
- 2 Cups Fresh ripe tomato diced
- ⅔ Cup Small fresh mozzarella pearls or 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoons White balsamic vinegar can substitute with regular balsamic vinegar
- 2 Clove Garlic minced
- ¼ Cup Snipped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil and lightly oil or spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Slice potatoes ¼-inch thick and discard small, rounded ends.
- Place in a medium bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss well to coat. Add cheese, salt and red pepper and toss again to coat as evenly as possible.
- Place in a single layer on baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, stir together remaining oil, tomatoes, mozzarella, balsamic, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Top potatoes with equal amounts of tomato mixture and bake for 5 minutes more or until cheese is just starting to melt; sprinkle with basil. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 8 servings.