Soft and cheesy on the inside, these crispy fried potato croquettes are a perfect appetizer.
- 4-5 Medium Alsum russet potatoes
- ½ Cup Whole milk
- 1 Cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ Cup Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ Teaspoon Onion powder
- ½ Teaspoon Parsley
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Scrub and peel the Russet potatoes, cut them into even chunks and place in large pot. Fill with enough water to cover the potatoes, add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Cook the potatoes for 10-15 minutes, until fork tender.
- Drain water, add milk and start mashing the potatoes. Add in butter, cheeses, spices and some salt and pepper. You want these to be stiffer than normal mashed potatoes.
- Let the mashed potatoes cool off completely, then refrigerate until ready to fry. They will be easier to handle cold.
- Place flour in one bowl, the eggs (beaten) in another bowl and the breadcrumbs in another bowl. Grab a ping pong ball sized amount of mashed potatoes and shape into a small log.
- Dip the croquette first in the flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Repeat until all the mashed potatoes are used up.
- When ready to fry, grab a medium sized deep pot, pour in 2-3 inches of vegetable oil. Heat on medium-high until the oil shimmers and is hot. Add in 3-4 croquettes at a time.
- As the croquettes finish cooking, remove them from the oil with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel. Serve immediately.
Serving: 20servingsCalories: 230kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 6gFat: 14gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 370mgFiber: 2g