Sweet, savory, and flavorful red potatoes with kielbasa make for an easy dinner!
- 10-12 Alsum red potatoes cubed
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- ¾ Pound Smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage cut into ¼-inch slices
- ½ Cup Onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ Teaspoon Thyme dried
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- 4 Cups Fresh baby spinach
- 5 Bacon strips cooked, crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, sauté kielbasa and onion in oil until onions are translucent.
- Add potatoes; sauté 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned,
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme, and pepper; stir into skillet.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
Calories: 671kcalCarbohydrates: 88gProtein: 26gFat: 24gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 1365mgPotassium: 2359mgFiber: 8gVitamin C: 117mg