A delicious breakfast or served as an appetizer!
- 4 Large Alsum Yukon gold potatoes about 2 lbs
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Small Leek thinly sliced (white and pale green part only)
- 2 Cups Coarsely chopped fresh spinach lightly packed
- ¼ Cup Skim milk
- ½ Cup Shredded Parmesan cheese divided*
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Finely chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped fresh basil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pierce the potatoes and microwave for 20 minutes or until tender when gently squeezed. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet. Add the leeks and cook until very soft, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the spinach and cook for a few minutes more until the spinach is cooked and any liquid has been absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the insides, leaving a ¼-inch rim of potatoes in the skins.
- Mash the potatoes with the milk until smooth, then stir in the leeks, half the cheese, salt and pepper. Lightly stir in the roasted peppers and basil.
- Place the potato skins onto a baking sheet and fill with the potato mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.